Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Suggestion or Two on How to Deal with a Puppy

The wife's best friend got so interested in my story about Pete, the truck puppy, he went out and bought one. A little male Doberman was just what he'd always wanted. In all fairness, he'd told us that several times in the past, so I believe that he really thought he wanted a puppy. But  wanting and having are two different things. Very different as he discovered. His job keeps him pretty busy and gone a lot. I guess it never occurred to him that puppies take time to train.

Last week, he called the wife and begged her to take the little guy or he was going to the pound. My soft hearted wife agreed and told me about it later. We have always had mixed breed dogs and found them to be great pets and companions. A pure bred never interested us before because of the possibilities of inbreeding and mental problems. She's really getting a work out with this pup and giving me a play by play report, so I've come up with a few suggestions for anyone who wants a five month old, untrained dog.

Suggestion One:

Read the rest of this article

0 comments: